Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do you take care of scratches on an engraved zippo lighter?

My dad gave me his Zippo lighter from when he was in the Air Force (it has a short quote on one side and the Strategic Air Command crest on the other side). Over the years, though, it's gotten a little scratched up. What can I do to take care of the scratches already on it and what else can I do to prevent further scratching?|||You could try jeweler's rouge, which is a very, very fine grain polish, to buff out the scratches. My husband bought his rouge at a car supply place, so try there. As for preventing scratches, I'm not sure how you'd do that except for coating the case in something scratch resistant and not jamming it in the same pocket at your keys and coins. |||you can try some of the liquid used to fix scratches on glasses that is my best guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment