Friday, December 2, 2011

Can I bring a zippo lighter without fluid on an airplane?

I'm taking a trip to Vegas, and I really want to pick up a Zippo lighter when I'm there. But, if i can't bring it back on the plane I won't buy one. I will empty out all the lighter fluid to transport it, but does anyone know if I can get it through? Oh and I am checking my bag.|||You can bring a Zippo lighter in your carry on luggage with fuel. The ban on common lighters was lifted a few years ago, "torch type" lighters remained banned. If you do put it in your checked luggage, it must not have any fuel.





I travel frequenty with a lighter in my carry on luggage and have never had one confiscated. Here's the TSA policy on lighters:


http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/sop/index.s鈥?/a>|||According to the TSA website:


Lighters without fuel are permitted in checked baggage. Lighters with fuel are prohibited in checked baggage, unless they adhere to the Department of Transportation (DOT) exemption, which allows up to two fueled lighters if properly enclosed in a DOT approved case. If you are uncertain as to whether your lighter is prohibited, please leave it at home.





Torch lighters are banned completely.





If you want to avoid the hassle just buy the lighter online and have it shipped to your house.


http://www.zippo.com|||No they will not. My cousin only uses zippos and she had to throw hers out. And yes even without fluid. Leave it or ship it.|||don't keep it in your carry-on

No comments:

Post a Comment