Friday, December 2, 2011

What is the best way to stretch leather.. I have to stretch it for a Zippo lighter will fit into this pouch?

I found this real nice pouch made of genuine leather that attachs to a mans belt and I want to stretch it so I can fit a Large Zippo type lighter in it... about a half inch%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;|||Dampen the leather, and get it warm, then slowly stretch it out to fit.|||get it wet|||Stretch it while it is wet. Use stretch leather products or water.|||You can stretch it some, but i don't think you can stretch that much.





Try wetting the pouch with hot water and while it is still soaking wet put the Zippo inside it and let it dry. Works to make leather shoes fit.|||When I was in the Army the best way I found to break in a new pair of leather boots was to get them soaking wet and wear them all day (hot water sprayed on them all day while pulling KP) at the end of the day rubbing them down well with mink oil. I would say soak the pouch in hot water while putting something similar in size to the Zippo into the pouch. Do this slowly over time (I'm guessing 24 to 48 hours) when you can get the object all the way in take it out of the water and oil it well, I recommend Mink Oil. Don't take the filler object out until the leather is thoroughly dried and well oiled or it will shrink back up on you. Hope this helps.|||If water doesn't work, you can get "Shoe Stretch" at any shoe store.|||wet it and wedge the zippo in it, if you don't want the zippo wet, use one of your kids blocks or something the same size.


while the leather is wet and the whatever is inside it, heat it up, slowly, just place it in the oven on a baking pan on warm and turn it every 5 minutes or so until its dry|||Alcohol.|||I know people use alcohol to strecht their shoes... maybe that will work

No comments:

Post a Comment