Saturday, November 19, 2011

Can I take a fuel less zippo lighter onto an international flight?

Ok I'm flying to England in about a month and I have a fuel less zippo lighter. I LOVE this zippo lighter and i don't want it to get confiscated. Can I take it onto this flight legally and not get it confiscated?|||If you are boarding a flight leaving from the US, you are allowed to carry a Zippo lighter in your carry-on bag, regardless of whether it has fuel in it or not -- the TSA specifically notes that unsealed lighters, such as the Zippo lighter, are allowed in carry-on luggage unless they are a torch-style lighter that emits a blue needle-like flame.





You are also allowed to place the unfueled lighter in your checked luggage, but if the lighter has ever had fuel in it, you'd need to put it into an approved case, as is described in the second link below. (Since the TSA allows the lighter to be carried onboard the plane with you, though, getting the case for this specific trip isn't necessary for your carry-on bag.)





If you're taking a return flight from the UK, then note that the lighter is allowed to be carried on your person, according to the third link below, but it cannot be in your bag when you go through security.|||I live in England and I'm not sure about your rules over there, I got through customs at Leeds Bradford airport and Dublin airport with my lighter and smokes in my hand and on return too, lol all my friends had theirs confiscated, can you put this Lighter in with your luggage? That's what most people do here when leaving the country, I suppose it depends who is on duty at the time, some attendants can be a pain in the arm pit, I've only travelled to Dublin so I'm not really sure.|||Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment