Saturday, November 19, 2011

Can a Zippo lighter be filled with Odorless Mineral Spirits instead of Zippo Lighter Fluid?

I've heard that Odorless Mineral Spirits are close to the same thing as Zippo fluid. So, does that mean I can use it for my Zippo lighter? If yes, what are the consequences (if any)? What are other choices?|||You could try it without any harm. You can't get a bottle of Ronson for 3 or 4 dollars? Your other choice is Naptha, which is commonly used in Zippos as an alternative.





I do not believe you will damage anything. There is really nothing to damage. There may be some stink, though, so I would not smell it.|||Just went to the corner store and asked for a bottle of Ronsonol (located behind the clerk who had no idea what I wanted or what to do). Of course, I'm a minor. I can't buy it. i filled it with spirits and it works (good). a bit of a hot flame/a little smelly. It'll be fine if I'm outside though.

Report Abuse


|||Zippo fluid in fact is practically mineral spirits; you can easily recognize the same smell of both

Report Abuse


|||You can pick up ronsonol at safeway - i did and i'm a minor.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment