Saturday, November 19, 2011

Why does the spark of my zippo's lessen in time? How can i increase it again?

I have gone through several zippo's already. I use all zippo replacement parts and fuel. I just noticed that after about 6 monts of use, even with new flints, the sparks are significantly less than when it was new. It gets to a point that its really difficult to get a spark. All my old zippo's have a comparatively dimmer spark than a brand new one. First i thought it might be finger oil that accumulates on the wheel, but i've tried washing it down with diesel and brushing it. I've also tried lengthening the spring to increase the pressure between the flint and the wheel. I dont think that the wheels have gone blunt because they still feel as rough as the new ones. I've ran out of ideas and now i'm back to disposable lighters. Its sad. Help me|||Do you replace the flint? I've had the same Zippo for 20 years with no problems. If you feel there is an actual defect in the lighter, Zippo repairs or replaces for free - at least they used to! Ah, lengthening a spring usually weakens it.|||if you think there's a problem with your zippo no need to dispose it zippo lighter's comes with life time gaurantee check out the website for more details.. i personally have been gifted a zippo 8 years back and am still using it without any issuez and now very much obsessed with it...

Report Abuse


|||Really I am not for sure it might be your flent or our lighter fluid going low. Check both.

No comments:

Post a Comment